[b-hebrew] Kadesh-barnea

Randall Buth randallbuth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 05:32:59 EDT 2010

>>Anson Rainey
[Karl]
>Who is he, that I should listen to him? He sounds like a nobody.

Pouring disespect on others is not good etiquette. Especially if
not aware that he published a 4-volume work, the most
comprehensive coverage of the El-Amarna letters to date. (And
he even knows that `ir 'city' uses feminine concord with adjectives
and verbs.) And more recently Anson published a very comprehensive
historical atlas called 'The Sacred Bridge'.

Having said that, I am not advocating that Gen 14 is pure fiction,
fantacized out of whole cloth, if that be an accurate representation
of Rainey's views.

wishing for better material,
Randall Buth

--