[b-hebrew] The Proper Antecedent of qiso in Dan 9:26b

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 08:38:26 EDT 2010

Ronald:

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Ronald Monestime <wbsc400 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Proper Antecedent of qiso in Dan 9:26b
> I have done a study to identify the actual antecedent of qiso in Dan 9:26b
> (lit. "his end") and the one that most naturally (i.e., grammatically and
> syntactically) concords with the 3ms personal pronoun is "the people" (masc.
> sing.) which is mentioned before in the phrase ‘the people of the Coming
> Ruler.'

Here I think you are making a common error of those who speak English and
try to deal with a language that has gender for its nouns—the third person
singular personal pronoun can also refer to “its”. Once that’s taken into
account, the range of possibilities within context widens.

>  Does any know of, or have, a linguistic, and/or exegetical, objections to
> this antecedent identification? (If necessary, my full exegetical study of
> Dan 9:26b can be supplied in PDF form to requesting personal email
> addresses. (4 pages)).
> Ronaldnjkproject.blogspot.comwww.njkproject.infowww.njkproject.info/wbsc
>

> With a widened context, why not “holy place” or possibly “city”? Or even
the end of the seventy sevens?

Karl W. Randolph.