[b-hebrew] dagesh forte and dagesh lene

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Apr 4 10:36:00 EDT 2010

Methinks that when the NAKDANIM removed this ancient, initial dagesh
(as the writing techniques improved and it became superfluous ) they
left it only where it mattered. There are punctuated Hebrew books
nowadays, for instance the Oxford Hebrew-English dictionary, without
any dgeshim, except in ב כ פ .

Isaac Fried, Boston University