[b-hebrew] Year 14

JimStinehart at aol.com JimStinehart at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 10:26:57 EDT 2009

Prof. Levin:

Based on your post addressed to me, you agree that there is no inscription
in secular history pre-dating the common era that supports your published
theory that the QD$ at Genesis 14: 7 is a site located approximately 60 miles
southeast of Gaza.

Moreover, based on your post directed to Yohanan and Karl, you further
agree that “there is no reference to the places, peoples and events of Gen. 14
in ‘secular history’ (i.e. extra-biblical documents) of southern Canaan....”

For ten years now, I have been researching this question.  It is my
considered opinion that by contrast to the mainstream scholarly view of the matter
(your view), Genesis 14: 7 is arguably the best-attested sentence in the
entire Bible.

I respectfully request that you allow me to make one long further post on
this Year 14 thread.  That post will document the geographical names in
Genesis 14: 7 (historical names documented in Bronze Age northern Canaan), the
actions portrayed at Genesis 14: 7 (per the well-attested secular history of
Bronze Age northern Canaan), and the exact timing of those actions -- Year
14.  All of those aspects of Genesis 14: 7 will be verified by using
well-known original documents from the secular history of Bronze Age northern Canaan,
especially Amarna Letters written in Year 14 by princelings in northern
Canaan.

In my opinion, that one post will show that Genesis 14: 7 is not a “myth”,
as mainstream scholars would have it, but rather has pinpoint historical
accuracy, in the secular historical context of Year 14 of Akhenaten’s 17-year
reign, and that the assertions made at Genesis 14: 7 are fully verifiable by
reference to well-known original documents from Bronze Age northern Canaan.
 I will show that Genesis 14: 7 reads like a succinct executive summary of
a series of Amarna Letters written by northern Canaanite princelings in Year
14.

The pinpoint historical accuracy of Genesis 14: 7, in the context of the
well-attested secular history of Late Bronze Age northern Canaan, is
absolutely stunning.

Jim Stinehart
Evanston, Illinois