[b-hebrew] Jeremiah 1:5

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 22 23:17:14 EDT 2009

> From: Joseph Justiss
>
> I have a question about the Yiqtol verb in Jeremiah 1:5.
>
> 1. Am I correct to expect a Qatal form of éöø instead of a Yiqtol after
> the temporal adverbial prepositional phrase áèøí in verse 5?

[Steve Miller] I think it is good to take notice when the Bible says what
you do not expect. When you search it out, it is often enlightening.

> 2. Is the sense of the verse some kind of modal use of Yiqtol: "Before I
> could form you in the womb I knew you."? Or are these even the right kind
> of questions to be asking?

[Steve Miller] I think it would mean: Before I finished forming you in the
womb, I knew you. I think those are good questions to ask.

> Just wanted to get your thoughts.
>

> Joe Justiss
[Steve Miller]
Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
In that day, says the LORD, will I assemble her that halts, and I will
gather her that is driven out, and her that I have afflicted.
And I will make her that halts a remnant, and her that was cast far off a
strong nation. And the LORD shall reign over them in mount Zion from
henceforth, even for ever.  (Micah 4:6-7)