[b-hebrew] Definite articles and proper names in B-Hebrew

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 12:44:40 EDT 2009

James:
Is he correct in that?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM, James Christian
<jc.bhebrew at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Interesting. So, in essence, he shows agreement with my suggestion that
> Elohim is being used as a proper name?
>
> James Christian
>
> In England, when we talk about “her majesty the Queen” there is only one
living representative that fits that title, making the name superfluous.

Tanakh recognizes only one entity as having the title “God” again making the
name superfluous except when talking about false gods. Does that change that
title to a name?

Karl W. Randolph.