[b-hebrew] Pr. 1:6; riddles

Gerry Folbre gfolbreiii at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 12:11:19 EDT 2009

Karl:
 I am not rendering Pr. 1:6 where I wrote "in".  I am asking you or anyone
else who may be interested to please provide an example of a "riddle" and/or
"didactic question" that "the wise" are using *within *one or more of their
"words" and/or "expressions".  The question still stands.
If you read directly above that particular use of the word "in" you will see
that I wrote the rendering correctly:
Gerry wrote: "That was the question.  Pr. 1:6 concludes, 'the expressions of
the wise and
> their didactic questions'."

That it is not a "riddle" is your personal opinion, not a fact.  You also
seem to be totally ignoring that Pr. 1:6 most likely pertains to the Book or
Proverbs {משׁלי).  I don't see how ignoring context and Lexicographic
renderings is going to help anyone comprehend a משׁל or a מליצה.

Gerry Folbre