[b-hebrew] Pr. 1:6; riddles

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 23:31:52 EDT 2009

Gerry:
Read the text!

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Gerry Folbre <gfolbreiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> Karl wrote:
> "That wasn’t the question. They both used didactic questions. The use of
> didactic questions is not limited to the wise."
>
> That was the question.  Pr. 1:6 concludes, "the expressions of the wise and
> their didactic questions."  What is an example of a "didactic question"
> and/or "riddle" employed by "the wise" in their "expressions" and/or
> "words"?

First of all, it’s not a riddle, as I already said. Secondly, these are wise
people. Anyone can ask didactic questions, those from the wise people are
the ones to listen to. Thirdly, the text says “the wise people’s expressions
*and* their didactic questions”, not “…*in* their didactic questions”. Read
the text.

> Gerry Folbre

Karl W. Randolph.