[b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:6

Vadim Cherny him at vadimcherny.org
Tue Oct 6 16:50:47 EDT 2009

First of all, pn and pnh are closely related as "turn from."
The reading is pretty straightforward:

Her feet go down to death... that she would not walk the even path of
life

The strange woman (a foreign religion) deliberately walks the other
path and stays away from the path of truth which she does not know.

Vadim Cherny

---
To All:
ארח חיים פן־תפלס נעו מעגלתיה לא תדע׃

Every time I read this, I stop and puzzle over it. And when I look at
translations, it is obvious that I am not the only one.

One option is that here we have a corrupted text.

Another that came to me this morning is that פן PN does not mean
“lest”
rather it is the imperative of פנה PNH meaning “to face, turn
towards”.

Any thoughts?

Karl W. Randolph.