[b-hebrew] Proverbs 5:6 very wild guess

Gerry Folbre gerry at wetmountainvalley.us
Tue Oct 6 16:16:41 EDT 2009

kenneth greifer wrote:
> Maybe I did not explain my translation good enough. I think the quote is about the woman whose footsteps lead to death and Sheol in the line before.
>

> "Life isa path. Lest you will make smooth it's wandering (infinitive) (the path's wandering), her paths you will not know."
>

> If you don't know where she is going, you can't make the wandering of your life easier or smoother. You just follow her path.
>

> Kenneth Greifer

Kenneth:
Your exposition does not comply with a word-for-word translation of the
Source Text;

Proverbs 5:6 states (using B-Hebrew transliteration):
’RX =* path* XYYM = *life* PN *lest* {that not} TPLS = *you constantly
make smooth*

N’W = *they be unstable* M’GLTYH = *her courses of action* L’ = *not*
TD’ = *you know*:

The closest exposition to what I have rendered above is found in the KJV:

5:6 “Lest thou [you] shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are
moveable, /that/ thou [you] canst not know /them/” (KJV).

Let's work from the Source Text.
Gerry Folbre