[b-hebrew] Is the Massoretic text reliable?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:14:30 EST 2009

Gary:

Are there online sources for textual criticism, or do we still have to buy
the information either in dead trees or paid for software?

I know that in well over 90% of the Kethib/Qere examples, I find the Kethib
is the preferred according to context and meaning. I also have a list of 17
verses where the Masoretes admit to changing the verses, but only the verses
are listed without noting which changes were made. I also have a .pdf with
the Nahal Heber photo of Psalm 22:16–18 in which I noted two variants from
the Masoretic text, both of which I anticipated because of grammar and
context. How many other variants are readily available? And where?

Karl W. Randolph.