[b-hebrew] And Samuel turned back after Saul: the meaning of 1 Samuel 15:31

Jay Frank jif95 at mac.com
Tue Jul 28 14:15:55 EDT 2009

James,

You write: "Karl has given you the linguistic arguments."
Yes, and I am grateful.

Having written regarding Professor Alter: "I have to admit I don't know who he is either." you then write: "I strongly suspect that  Alter has theological reasons for his interpretation."

I strongly suspect that you have qualitatively insufficient warrant to make such a claim, nor do I see what possible theological reason(s) might serve as an agenda underling his translation.

With regards,

Jay