[b-hebrew] Genesis 41: 1: "Two Years of Days"

George Athas George.Athas at moore.edu.au
Mon Jul 20 19:20:37 EDT 2009

Jim,

I am open-minded enough to admit that quite a lot is possible. But I think it is completely unhelpful to presume that because something is possible that it must also be plausible. Your theory seems like a 'one in a million' chance: certainly possible, but highly unlikely. There is a big difference between the two. So, I'm sorry, I just don't buy your theory.

I also find it odd, Jim, that almost everything else you advance on this list is possible but not plausible. To me that sounds like there is a particular agenda driving your thinking that reads things with a particular slant. I do not find this at all helpful in advancing our understanding of Hebrew, the Bible, or the ancient world. It certainly would not cut it in the world of tertiary studies, where methodology is more important than the conclusions reached. I hope you're willing to see the reality of that.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au