[b-hebrew] Gen 7:2 'by sevens' vs. 'seven pairs'

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 17 19:06:47 EDT 2009

Oun,
Yes, you are correct. The same construct is used in 7:9 and 15, where "two
two" clearly means "two of each" or "two by two", not "two pairs".

As you said, the 7th one is apparently for sacrificing. I don't know if it
would be male or female.

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
But when One stronger than Satan comes upon him and overcomes him, He takes
away his whole armor in which he had trusted and distributes his spoil.
(Luke 11:22)