[b-hebrew] questions, reliable evidence, 'stand' and 'said'

Rolf Furuli furuli at online.no
Thu Jul 9 15:28:37 EDT 2009

Dear Randall,

We cannot discuss anything before you have clearly stated your
definition of the  imperfective aspect and answered my questions
regarding your definition of the perfective one. If you do not want
to answer my questions regarding the YIQTOLs and WAYYIQTOLs in
Ezekiel 1, 10, and Nehemiah 3, that is your privilege. But you should
answer my questions regarding aspect:

1. Can both the perfective and imperfective make a *part* of an
action or state visible?

2. Can both aspects make the details of an event visible?

3. Can both aspects include both the beginning and the end of an
action or a state?

4. Can both aspects express conative and resultative situations?

5. Can both aspects make visible apart of the action after the
beginning and before the end?

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo