James Read J.Read-2 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 05:29:03 EDT 2009

Hi David,

1) Newton watched as the apple fell upwards.
2) The Mary Rose sank from the bottom of the ocean to the surface of
the water.
3) The space shuttle landed in the sky about 3,000 feet above London.

No doubt the above sentences make complete sense to you with no comic value.

James Christian

Quoting David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com>:

> Hi James,
>
> It's the English I myself use and hear about me, nothing comically meant
> by it at all.
>
> I guess you see my point now, that there isn't a single meaning across
> the uses I've brought. Semantics defined as uncancellable meaning leaves
> "plod" in my dialect without semantics. Better to define semantics
> prototypically, and probably best done by way of frame analysis.
>
> Regards,
> David Kummerow.
>

>> Hi David,
>>
>> I don't know which variant dialect of English you are using but the
>> following sentence doesn't make much sense to me (other than comic value).
>>
>> James Christian
>>
>> Quoting David Kummerow <farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com>:

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.