David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 5 01:17:43 EDT 2009

> Hi David,
>
> it would seem that you have completely misunderstood my request. I
> didn't ask you if you agree with Rolf's definition of perfect and
> imperfect aspect. Rolf has provided statistics of the verb forms with
> respect to temporal reference.
>
> I was interested in you performing an analysis using the tools Rolf has
> used to see if you come up with statistics that vary to any significant
> degree. I consider 1 verb form to be an excessively small corpus and you
> failed to show what linguistic tools you used to analyse the verb form.
>
> James Christian

Hi James,

I personally see little point in doing this on this list where sincere
linguistic efforts are mocked and those with standard positions are
repeatedly mocked and asked to defend their position over and over.

Until there is agreement as to what constitutes semantics, I see little
point in progressing. If you want to read others in addition to Rolf
using similar principals, see the monographs of Rogland, Goldfajn, Hatav
and the dissertation of John Cook.

Regards,
David Kummerow.