David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 3 22:21:16 EDT 2009

Hi James,

I've thought about this a little more and even the fastest action
possible for a given animal may sometimes be acceptably referred to with
"plod". Eg:

(1) The horse was plodding at a gallop.

In this example, the horse will be moving at maximum speed. "Plodding"
refers to the sound of the movement, not the speed of the movement.

Regards,
David Kummerow.