[b-hebrew] Re Ezk 3:14 in the heat of my spirit

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:34:25 EST 2009

Stephen:

George's use of "run" may not have been the best example, as that word has
had a very wide semantic range since well before the mechanized era.

But upon reconsidering Oun's question again, I see he has a point: is XMH as
an emotion limited to anger? Or can it refer to other emotions as well, like
troubled, or excited?

Ezekiel's subsequent action in verse 15 does not seem to be that of one in
the grip of fury, rather bitter in the upsetedness (how's that for a
neologism?) of his spirit.