[b-hebrew] Year of Exodus

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:47:45 EST 2009

Kevin:

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Kevin Riley <klriley at alphalink.com.au>wrote:

> Karl
>
> As it does impinge somewhat on Hebrew language, perhaps you could share the
> URL for the site you mention?
>
> http://www.specialtyinterests.net

I don't know if this site even mentions Ugarit or Ugaritic. I am
extrapolating from other sources. I have read that the assignment of dates
to Ugaritic is the finding of Ramasid cartouches in the ruins and claiming
that they were contempory to the writings left in the city. The URL above
leads to a site that claims that the Ramasid pharaohs were contempory to
Nebuchadnezzar and the beginning of the Babylonian Exile. Hence, by logical
extension, if that site is correct in its dates (I don't know if the
assigned dates are correct or not), that would make Ugaritic contempory to
Jeremiah and its descriptions of Canaanite religion a description of the
apostasy that so riled up the prophets.

I originally posted this URL on January 3.

Karl W. Randolph.