[b-hebrew] Apiru/Habiru revisited...

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:49:11 EST 2009

Have a look at the following:

Rainey, Anson F. 1987. Review of Oswald Loretz, Habiru-Hebräer. Eine
sozio-linguistiche Studie über die Herkunft des Gentiliziums ‘ibrî vom
Appellativum habiru. Journal of the American Oriental Society 107: 539-541.

Rainey, Anson F. 1995. “Unruly Elements in Late Bronze Canaanite
Society.” Pages 481-496 in Pomegranates and Golden Bells: Studies in
Biblical, Jewish, and Near Eastern Ritual, Law, and Literature in Honor
of Jacob Milgrom. Edited by David P. Wright, David N. Freedman, and Avi
Hurvitz. Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns.

Rainey, Anson F. 2002. “The ‘Amârnah Texts a Century after Flinders
Petrie.” Ancient Near Eastern Studies 39: 44-75.

Regards,
David Kummerow.