[b-hebrew] Hiphil conjugate form of "-'asah"?

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 15:17:45 EST 2009

Shalom, Yohanan bin-Dawidh,

According to the book /501 Hebrew Verbs/, there is a hiphil form
attested in Mishnaic Hebrew only in the perfect. It doesn't exist in
the Bible in hiphil (as Karl stated), nor is it used in Modern Hebrew
(as far as I'm aware). The infinitive להעשות LH(%WT /le-he'asot/ is
niphal rather than hiphil. Is there a reason why you are interested in
a verb form that isn't used?

Best Regards,
Jason Hare
Rehovot, Israel