[b-hebrew] Beit/Veit

AMK Judaica amkjudaica at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:13:45 EDT 2009

karl,

is the idea of matres lectiones any more of a modern understanding than the understanding that every consonant might have been followed by a vowel?

also, i thought (but could be wrong) that ancient texts without mater lectiones are extant from cognate languages. i.e., it's not a modern "understanding"?

kol tuv,

ari kinsberg