[b-hebrew] The use of the Yiqtol in Isaiah 1:21

Joseph Justiss jljustiss at msn.com
Wed Apr 22 12:16:18 EDT 2009

To everyone who has responded to this issue which I raised I gratefully offer my thanks. Your suggestions have been very interesting and thought provoking. I now ask this. With all the disagreement and lack of consensus regarding the verbal system in BH, doesn't it at least force us to make a serious listen to the Richter's, Schneider's, and Taltra's who insist that the closest thing we can get to a living informant of these dead languages is the data gleaned from analysing the frequency and distribution of these verbal forms in the texts and proceed from form to function letting the data speak for itself?

Thanks

Joe Justiss