[b-hebrew] The use of the Yiqtol in Isaiah 1:21

George Athas George.Athas at moore.edu.au
Tue Apr 21 22:25:01 EDT 2009

Dave,

Good question. I like the realis/irrealis distinction, and often use it to supplement my definitions in the classroom. The only qualm I have with it is I'm not sure it adequately describes habitual action in the past. Such actions are, to my mind, realis. To see them, however, as indefinite, I think overcomes this problem.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on this.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au