[b-hebrew] Bullying, Challenging, and Appeasing: The Patterns of B-Hebrew

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 05:43:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM, John M. Linebarger <jmlineb at comcast.net> wrote:

> 3.  Not only do these new patterns dominate all other traffic, my hypothesis is that it
> squelches and discourages other traffic because questions get lost in the crossfire.  I
> know that I have submitted questions from time to time recently that were never
> answered, simply because all attention was focused on Jim.

Before you jump to conclusions, I didn't respond because I saw it and
have nothing to
say, and I feel that your automatic assumption that it wasn't answered
"simply because
all attention was focused on Jim" is out of place.

Jim is only one very visible example of types of traffic that may be
considered dysfunctional.
At least Jim (for the most part) recognizes academic studies of
linguistics and hebrew even
if his reaction is to try to hammer them into his own assumptions.
Others simply start off
with their own previous assumptions and ignore any academic studies.

Yitzhak Sapir