[b-hebrew] pronunciation of waw-consecutive of hyh

George Athas George.Athas at moore.edu.au
Mon Apr 13 03:15:59 EDT 2009

Isaac,

I acknowledge gemination as a standard part of Hebrew. I know you don't think gemination exists, but you are in a very, very, very small minority. Certainly there are no grammar or syntax books that agree with you. So while you might see me 'giving in' to gemination, the overwhelming majority of grammarians would simply see me as taking on board a standard feature of Biblical Hebrew.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au