[b-hebrew] Judges 5:2, two questions

Dana Densmore verdelion at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 12:32:16 EDT 2008

Dear Karl Randolph,

Thank you for your reply.  I find your understanding of PR( and PR(WT plausible and I like it; I want to ponder it some more in the context of the whole narrative, which I agree does support the idea (people afraid to leave their villages and so on).

I'm not sure about your suggestion of  placing the people offering themselves so tightly with  BRKW YHWH.  I know you don't set store by the Masoretic markings, but I am influenced to consider that the atnach on (M groups both actions of the infinitives together and  makes the BKRW YHWH some sort of response or conclusion to both.  Still, I hear your way of reading it and am giving it some thought.

Dana Densmore