[b-hebrew] Anyone have CD Ginsburg's Bible?

AMK Judaica amkjudaica at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 00:12:32 EDT 2008

Concerning "Noah" in Gen. 7:7 - some editions cantillate it with a zakef and some with a revi'i.

I've posted about here: http://agmk.blogspot.com/2008/10/noah-revii-or-zakef.html

Cassuto's edition, which was really a Ginsburg edition corrected according to Cassuto's investigation of the Aleppo Codex, has a zakef. For various reasons this is suspect and the assumption is that the Aleppo Codex would likely have a revi'i.

I'm very curious what Ginsburg's edition originally had before it was altered for Cassuto's edition. If Ginsburg originally had a revi'i then this would indicate that Cassuto probably actually saw a zakef in the Aleppo Codex and adjusted the Ginsburg edition accordingly.

Is Ginsburg's edition available online anywhere?
If someone has easy access to a hard copy I would greatly appreciate a verification.

Thank,
Ari Kinsberg