[b-hebrew] ShRR in Job

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sat Oct 25 22:06:31 EDT 2008

David,

I would further slightly restrict the meaning of the root $RH to
'spread-out, remain' (compare Aramaic MA$RITAH, 'camp'.) In YI-$R-E-
HU of Job 37:3 the initial YI- is short for HI) being a personal
pronoun referring to God, and the last HU is indeed short for HU)
being a personal pronoun referring to the thunder.
The root $RH is otherwise a variant of:
ZRR, SRR, CRR, $RR
DR), ZR),  ZRH, ZR(, YR), YR(, SRH, SR(, CR(, $R)
)DR, (DR, )ZR, (ZR, )TR, (TR, )SR, )CR, (CR, (TR
Z(R, Y(R, S(R, C(R, $)R, $(R

Isaac Fried, Boston University