[b-hebrew] Use of cognate languages in the interpretation of Biblical Hebrew

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 00:10:55 EDT 2008

Try the following:

Garr, W. Randall. 2004. Dialect Geography of Syria–Palestine 1000–586
B.C.E. Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns.

Huehnergard, John. 2002. “Comparative Semitic Linguistics.” Israel
Oriental Studies 20: 119-150.

Huehnergard, John. 2004. “Afro-Asiatic.” Pages 138-159 in The Cambridge
Encyclopedia of the World’s Ancient Languages. Edited by Roger D.
Woodard. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Huehnergard, John. 2005. “Features of Central Semitic.” Pages 155-203 in
Biblical and Oriental Essays in Memory of William L. Moran. Edited by
Agustinus Gianto. Biblica et Orientalia 48. Roma: Pontificio Istituto
Biblico.

Lipiński, Edward. 2001. Semitic Languages: Outline of a Comparative
Grammar. Orientalia Lovaniensia Analecta 80. Leuven: Peeters.

Regards,
David Kummerow.