[b-hebrew] reShKM and HWH

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:05:42 EDT 2008

David:

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:40 PM, David Kolinsky <yishalom at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Karl,
>
> Perhaps, but I have in my dictionary many examples of words with the same
> root that are not connected and I point out how they are not connected and
> where they are derived from.  So perhaps you can point out specifically
> where you believe I have "invented roots" to prove my theory.
>
> regards
> david

The moderators want you to sign your full name.

So far I have seen only two roots that you mentioned, and both of them
wrong.

KWM is not a root attested to in Hebrew. Even if it is found in other
languages, to make it a Hebrew root is the same as inventing it.

HWH is not from )WH, neither is HYH. Both the forms and the meanings of the
words indicate that that cannot be accurate.

These two examples indicate the etymological error.

Karl W. Randolph.