[b-hebrew] names and puns

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:49:27 EDT 2008

Dave and Gabe:
Both of you are making an assumption that the property that Jacob took is
land. But I understand it that the Amorite in question was Laban, his uncle
and father-in-law, and the property was his wives, children and livestock,
as mentioned in Genesis 31:26. Therefore the connection with the town of
Shechem is completely spurious.

Karl W. Randolph.