[b-hebrew] birth rate in Captivity

Ron Snider sarasotapt at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 14:32:20 EDT 2008

The birth rate in the captivity was likely not much different than it
was previously...obviously, it could fluctuate one way or the other
slightly.  The real fact that resolves this question is found in Genesis
15:12-16, which provides the prophetic timeline for Abram's seed (Isaac)
living in a land that is not his (Canaan first for 215 years) and then
in Egypt (another 215 years), which fulfills the 400 year prophecy of
Gen. 15 (which begins with the recognition of Isaac at his weaning as
the heir--Gen. 21:8).  Isaac was five years old at that time, which was
the beginning of the 400 years of Gen. 15.  While all the chronological
questions are complex, they do have answers.  The statement of Paul that
there were 430 years between Abraham and the giving of the law also can
be fit into this chronology.

If you have any further questions, I have a fair amount of material that
is not germane to this list, but I can forward to you if you desire.

Regards,

Ron Snider,
Pastor-teacher