[b-hebrew] d of z

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sat Oct 11 17:42:38 EDT 2008

Dear Doug,

I'm not sure what you mean by "corporate" here, but "D. of Z." is obviously
a poetic term, used by prophets from the 8th century BCE onwards. Isaiah, of
course, did not copy from Kings since he lived before Kings was written.
Either the author of Kings chose to copy parts of Isaiah, or a late redactor
of the Book of Isaiah chose to copy these passages from Kings.

I'm not sure what you mean by Is 5:1-7 having "a melody in its prose similar
to Songs of Solomon". Some of the imagery is similar, but the two are
actually quite different.

Yigal