[b-hebrew] sheeth in Ps 73:6

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 19:18:47 EDT 2008

Steve:
Are you sure that's a noun? Does not the context indicate that it should be
a verb?

The unpointed text can be read in more than one way and because it is
poetry, it is hard to tell which is the right way. Especially when the
context is not that clear.

For example, who is the "he" for (+P to droop, hence to enfeeble? Is that
not God?

"Therefore their ornamentation which is haughty he enfeebles, he puts forth
unfairness for them."

Yes, $YT can mean weeds, such as thistles, but does it fit the context? $YT
can also be a verb, third person, to put forth, put on. I do not know a
single case where it can mean garment, clothing.

This is a difficult verse, I don't blame you for asking about it.

Karl W. Randolph.