[b-hebrew] Deut. 32:6

David Hamuel davidhamuel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 6 14:21:53 EDT 2008

Yigal,

The dagesh is conjunctive dagesh, dehik, ate merahik (according to Norzi there are MSS with the dagesh; some without).

See, for example, the word nugot -- Lamentations 1:4. Koren Bible, Snaith -- the nun is without the dagesh; Breuer, Adi Bible  -- with dagesh.

Best & Shanah Tova!

David Hamuel
Type Designer
Biblical Hebrew, Grammar & Cantillation Expert

Los Angeles, CA — USA