[b-hebrew] Dawidh / Bath-sheva / Uriyah

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sat Oct 4 16:13:51 EDT 2008

Dear Yohanan,

While this is an intersting and much-discussed question, I fail to see how
linguistics can provide an answer. The "facts" as the text presents them,
are fairly clear: David ordered Joab to make sure that Uriah was killed in
battle. Whether this is to be considered murder, and whether David received
his just deserts for the deed, is a question of values, law, faith; anything
but linguistics.

Yigal Levin