[b-hebrew] Horowitz' etymology

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Wed Nov 12 09:04:08 EST 2008

David,
I think is one of the better books on this delicate subject. He
subscribes to the idea of two-consonant roots but I am disappointed
at his failure to see that the Hebrew root is invariably composed of
single-consonant roots. Also his missing the obvious fact that the
vowels I and U (and eventually E and O) are identity markers or
personal pronouns.

Isaac Fried, Boston University