[b-hebrew] Pictures of the Recent Inscription

b-hebrew-request@lists.ibiblio.org joel at exc.com
Thu Nov 6 10:05:08 EST 2008

>Reuters and the Jerusalem Post report that they have been able to
>read 3 words - "judge," "slave," and "king" on the piece, so they
>must be fairly certain of the language used.  It's certainly an
>interesting trio of words to be found in the 50-100 characters on the
>piece.

Actually, those words could be the same in any of a number of similar
languages from the region, so that part of the text could be
translated without knowing for sure which language it was written in.

I, too, am eager to see (enhanced) photographs.

-Joel

Joel M. Hoffman, PhD
http://www.lashon.net

Director of Education