[b-hebrew] New Inscription of Hebrew?

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 10:54:14 EST 2008

  Part of Yigal's latest post was quoted as  follows:

  > g. So - in giving this ostracon to a professional epigrapher such as Hagai
> Misgav, the excavators did the right thing. In refusing to offer even a
> priliminary reading befor completing all of the relevant tests, Misgav did
> the right thing. I assure you that as soon as a reliable reading can be
> published, it will be. Until that time, anything that anyone says about the
> inscription is probably nonsense.

I agree, and the little information that was publicized (such as in Prof.
Garfinkel's interview on Israeli television) where he discussed only a
handful of words is the best they have in any case at the moment.

Yitzhak Sapir

 It gives me  pleasure to agree with the agreement of the writer. Yigal's conclusion
is obvious.

  What I don't understand is why Yitzhak Sapir nevertheless speculated in another list more than once about that which by his own judgement cannot be read with confidence, much less deciphered.

  Uri Hurwitz                                                             Great Neck, NY