[b-hebrew] Niph'al of intransitives

Ken Penner ken.penner at acadiau.ca
Mon Mar 31 08:54:48 EDT 2008

 It seems to me Richard Benton at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is researching transitivity and the Niphal.
Other than that, there's P.A. Siebesma's work
The Function of the Niph`al in Biblical Hebrew: In Relationship to Other Passive-Reflexive Verbal Stems and to the Pu`al and Hoph`al in Particular. By P. A. SIEBESMA. Studia
Semitica Neerlandica, no. 28. Assen: VAN GORCUM, 1991.
Go to http://books.google.ca/books?isbn=9023225945 and search for transitive ni.

Ken M. Penner, Ph.D. (McMaster)
Acadia/Greek&Hebrew
Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic vocabulary memorization software:
http://purl.org/net/kmpenner/flash