[b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6: BWR

pporta at oham.net pporta at oham.net
Thu Mar 27 00:56:23 EDT 2008

Yes, Karl, BWR is "pit" rather than "well".
Now, RCC means "to crush", not "to broke". But "WNRC", the word before
HGLGL, has often be
translated as "break" and not as "crush".
And so, KJ writes:

Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the
pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

So, be so kind to excuse the mistake I made at writing about broken pieces
of the wheel (which pieces would fall into the pit). If I understand you
well, it is the whole wheel which is crushed and falls down into the pit.

Pere Porta