[b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6: BWR

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:27:38 EDT 2008

Pere:
Boy are you having trouble with this verse!

First of all, GLGL refers to an object that can be rolled. While the most
common usage is to refer to a wheel, it is also used to refer to a tumble
weed Isaiah 17:13 Psalm 83:13 and in this case I think it refers to a body,
wrapped up being taken to a grave. The word that specifically means "wheel"
is )WPN.

BWR refers to an excavation, dug out pit. Sometimes that dug out pit was
also used as a well, other times dry. In Genesis 40 it was the prison that
Joseph worked in, sounds like a quarry. It can also be a grave.

The word that specifically refers to a well is B)R.

So the final section refers to the rollable object is moved quickly unto the
dug out pit. The reason for )L instead of the prefix B- is because we are
looking at movement towards the dug out pit.

Where do you get the idea of breakage and pieces?

Karl W. Randolph.