[b-hebrew] Nimrod?

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Tue Mar 25 17:43:11 EDT 2008

Dear Eva,

While hunting is probably not the Bible's ideal occupation and the prophets
(at least Isaiah) foretold a future age in which all creatures will live in
peace, Nimrod did not live in the ideal future Utopia. No-where does the
Bible claim that hunting alone makes a man "evil". The Bible does not forbid
hunting or eating animals. God DID command animal sacrifices - the prophets
explained that sacrifices alone do not atone for wrongdoing - they must be a
part of a proccess of repentence.

Yigal Levin