[b-hebrew] GWLAT

pporta at oham.net pporta at oham.net
Tue Mar 25 00:51:47 EDT 2008

Karl,
in a searching work on Hebrew patterns (see below) I found nothing that
draws near to a word that is built on roots ayin-ayin and has waw/shuruq
after the first root consonant and taw after the second one.
The nearest thing to what you suggest is a pu'al perfect, second person
singular feminine of verbs lamed-taw, with no sample in the bible. But this
has nothing to do with our noun in discussion.
You will perhaps argue that not being on the pattern list does not mean it
does not exist. Maybe. But take into account that this search on patterns
was built up only after a very, very extensive research work.

See ptr 1593 in www.oham.net/out/S-d/S-d.html
The explanation on this pattern will be on the net within some days, but it
is exactly what I say.

Yours,

Pere Porta