[b-hebrew] b-hebrew No niph'al!

pporta at oham.net pporta at oham.net
Mon Mar 24 14:42:09 EDT 2008

Eva,

excuse, please, my mistake in my precedent mail.
Verb "marad" has no use in the niph'al  (= passive voice) either in the
bible or in today Hebrew.
So, hardly can the meaning of Niph'al Infinitive absolute be good or fitting
the text in the link you gave (as the author states...).
I am afraid that the only possible meaning, in practice, for "Nimrod" is the
first person plural future active: "we will rebel".

Thanks!

Pere Porta