[b-hebrew] Ecc 12:6-7

pporta at oham.net pporta at oham.net
Sat Mar 22 03:08:12 EDT 2008

>> Are they necessarily construct? Or are they verb subject object phrases?
> If they are verb subject object phrases, then this verse has all four
> phrases with the same grammatical structure.

___________

They are necessarily construct. So I think. "Gulat" is clearly a construct
(see the absolute in Zec 4:3). And "Hebel" is construct too. Look at the A.
section in  www.oham.net/out/N-t/N-t081.html

Furthermore remark that the noun which comes some words after "kad" has
article (ha-galgal)...
That is why I think that "ha-kad" would be better. And I do not intend, by
no means, to propose a changing of the text: the text must remain as it is.
But cientific discussion is always enlightening, so I feel.

Heartly,

Pere
Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)