[b-hebrew] 2 Sam 22:24 voluntative.he

pporta at oham.net pporta at oham.net
Fri Mar 21 13:41:50 EDT 2008

Steve,

I think that what Owens calls "voluntative,he" is what usually grammarians
call "paragogic heh". As regards the meaning of the word, I think this
letter heh often adds nothing (and this is why you cannot find any
differences between the several translations)  --it is a mere ornamental
tool--  and sometimes adds the so called "cohortative sense", namely an
invitation to do this or that...

Concerning your words, look at www.oham.net/out/PIS-t1/PIS-t1-003.html and
then click on the link to PI-t1-017.

Best regards!