[b-hebrew] Qoheleth 7:27

Ron Snider sarasotapt at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 13:38:40 EDT 2008

I am working on Ecclesiastes 7:27, which uses two feminine adjectives
'echadh (not sure what transliteration scheme to use here).  Is anyone
aware of an independant usage of the feminine adjective to refer to
something that is grammatically masculine?  In other words, my
inclination is to translated this as "I compared one woman to another in
order to find an explanation/conclusion.

If you have some concrete examples that this should be translated as a
neuter one thing to another thing, I would be interested in the verses.

I do not have any theological axe to grind here, but want to reflect
what Solomon really meant.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Snider,
Pastor-teacher